Design in Code is an introduction to Processing. It is a two day workshop designed for graphic designers and media artists who are interested in creating generative graphics and interaction through programming code. Processing is an open source programming language based on JAVA. In this workshop students will learn the basics of programming in Processing and start designing through computer logic.
No previous programming experience is necessary, Mac or PC users are welcome. Due to limited availability (maximum of 10 students), pre-registration is recommended. Please register and pay in advance via PayPal to reserve your seat in this intimate workshop. For any questions or comments please send an email to the instructor at:
Cancellation and refund:
50% refund will be given if canceling 5 days before the first day of the workshop.
– Bring a laptop (PC/Mac)
– Install Processing software on your laptop, click here to visit the download page.
What you will learn:
– Overview of the Processing programming environment.
– Basic interactions using Keyboard and Mouse.
– Introduction to “Variables”, “Operators” and “if” statement.
– Importing, manipulating and animating images (JPG, PNG, and Vector graphics).
– Basic motion manipulation using code.
– “Arrays” and “For Loop” operations.
– Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
– Exporting still images
– Basics of 3D environment.
– MIDI device input
– Live camera input analysis
– live audio/sound input analysis
There is a two day Arduino workshop taking place on August 13th and 14th at LieBig12 Gallery. Arduino and Processing shares similar programming language (JAVA), click on this link for more info: http://www.vjfader.com/arduino-2-day-workshop-liebig12-august/ If you wish to take both workshops and receive a discount, please contact the instructor at:
(Photo from the last workshop at LieBig12)
About the instructor:
James Cui (Fader) is a visual artist who focuses on video mapping, generative animation and VJing. Since 2002, he has VJed at hundreds of clubs, events, and participated in festivals around the world including Coachella (Indio), Burningman (Black Rock City), and Mapping Festival (Geneva). As a trained illustrator and self taught programmer…
[pk_button size=”small” align=”left” color=”” icon=”arrow” action=”link” link=”http://www.vjfader.com/wordpress/fader-bio/” link_target=”_self” title=”” lightbox_gallery_id=””]Read more[/pk_button]